Summer storms can be exciting, but they can also be tough on our cars. At Lee Myles Autocare & Transmissions, we want to help you keep your vehicle safe during these stormy times. In this blog post, we’ll share some easy tips to protect your car from hail and storm damage. Let’s dive in and get your car ready for stormy weather!
1. Listen to Weather Reports: Stay informed by listening to weather reports or using a weather app. They’ll tell you if a storm is coming so you can prepare your car.
2. Find Shelter: If you know a storm is on the way, try to park your car in a covered area like a garage. If you don’t have one, see if you can find a big tree or building to park by.
3. Use a Car Cover or Blankets: If you can’t find shelter, use a car cover or blankets to protect your car. They won’t stop everything, but they can help keep hail from damaging your car.
4. Stay Away from Trees and Power Lines: During a storm, trees and power lines can be dangerous. Don’t park under trees, as branches can fall. And stay away from power lines to avoid any falling debris.
5. Watch Out for Flooded Areas: Heavy rain can cause flooding. Don’t drive through deep water, as it can damage your car. Find another way to go instead.
6. Check for Damage: After a storm, look for any dents, scratches, or broken parts on your car. Take pictures of the damage.
Taking care of your car during storms is important. Remember to stay informed, find shelter, use car covers or blankets, avoid trees and power lines, watch out for floods, and check for damage afterward. If your car does get damaged, take it to Lee Myles Autocare & Transmissions for help. Stay safe and keep your car protected from stormy weather!